We have a history of using sponsorships to make our brand different; the right sponsorship adds to our brand, helping us engage our customers and clients locally, regionally and globally.
The role of sponsorship at Barclays is to build brand engagement with our stakeholders through the lens of our vision, purpose and values.
Is your commercial sponsorship right for Barclays?
We look for sponsorships that will help form positive associations with our brand. Our brand purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions in the right way and we are looking for sponsorship partners that can support us with that ambition.
The areas we look to sponsor are in:
- Arts and Culture – including popular culture and entertainment
- Sport – from global to local properties
- Thought Leadership – we are at the forefront of a changing banking industry and we want to be associated with like-minded properties and organisations that will help create distinction from our competitors.
As a global brand, we attract a huge amount of sponsorship requests. In order to meet our sponsorship objectives, it is Barclays policy not to sponsor the following categories:
- Political or religious associations
- Sponsorship properties which already have given significant brand exposure for our competitors in banking
- Sponsorship properties that are perceived to have or encompass a violent or dangerous nature (e.g. boxing)
- Sponsorships where Barclays or its colleagues may have – or be perceived to have – a conflict of interest
- Sponsorship of teams (by exception only)
- Sponsorship of individuals (by exception only)
- An event which is due to commence within the next two months.
Please check the applying for sponsorship section for the details we require for any application and then submit your details to email@example.com. Our aim is to review EVERY proposal received. We are only able to reply to those opportunities that we feel fit with existing marketing and business objectives and require further investigation. We will ensure that all enquiries sent to us are logged and held on file for future consideration should our focus and position change.
Finally, if you are interested in charitable or community sponsorships please contact Barclays Community Affairs on +442071164451 or firstname.lastname@example.org.