Barclays is a member of the Founders Circle of 'atmosphere ...exploring climate science', a new gallery which opens tomorrow at the Science Museum in London.
Visitors to the gallery will be able to learn more about the science of the climate system, including how the earth's climate has changed in the past, the work scientists undertake to improve their understanding, and how changes to the climate are predicted.
The gallery incorporates interactive exhibits and is divided into five zones:
- Exploring the climate system: How science can demonstrate the way the climate works
- Exploring Earth's energy balance: How greenhouse gases work and their effects
- Exploring the carbon cycle: How the carbon cycle is changing
- Exploring what might happen: How science is tracking and predicting change
- Exploring our future choices: How science and technology can help earth's future.
Professor Chris Rapley, Director of the Science Museum, said: "Our aim is that 'atmosphere', the new climate science gallery, will provide our visitors with accurate, up-to-date information on what is known, what is uncertain, and what is not known about this hugely important subject, and the ways that science, technology and industry can contribute to a positive future.
"Our supporters for this gallery come from a range of sectors, including energy, government and charitable trusts. I am proud that they share our vision to deepen understanding of the science behind climate change."