Barclays today announces a worldwide tour aimed at bringing a unique Barclays Premier League experience to football fans in the Middle East, Asia, North America and South Africa.
Taking place between 2011 and 2013, the tour, which is being run by the Premier League in partnership with Barclays, is free and gives fans outside the UK an opportunity to get closer to the competition they watch on TV.
At each location, the exhibition will be spread across four zones, with the centrepiece being the Barclays Premier League trophy, where visitors will have a chance to see to the most iconic piece of silverware in domestic league football.
Visitors will also be able to have a virtual reality picture taken of themselves holding the trophy aloft in the colour of their chosen team.
In the other zones, visitors can learn more about the history and interesting facts of each club through bespoke and interactive exhibits such as:
- Experiencing what it is like to sit in a stadium surrounded by the noise of a match-day
- Comparing their foot size with boots from footballers Aaron Lennon, Andy Carroll and Nikola Zigic
- Trying on the goalkeeping gloves of Craig Gordon and Paul Robinson
- Emulating Tim Cahill’s goal celebration with a corner flag from Everton Football Club
- Seeing how big players really are, by standing alongside their life-sized images
- Testing how fast they can kick a ball and how fast they can move their feet compared to the professionals.
The first leg of the tour starts on Friday, 18 March 2011 in Abu Dhabi and at each of the following venues on the tour’s schedule, there will also be a separate fan park screening Barclays Premier League matches:
- The Corniche, Abu Dhabi, UAE - Friday, 18 March to Sunday, 20 March
- The Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai, UAE - Friday, 1 April to Sunday, 3 April
- Doha, Qatar - Thursday, 14 April to Saturday, 16 April
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - Thursday, 28 April to Saturday 30 April.
A dedicated website has been created for fans to find out more about the tour and the venues, as well as to pre-book priority places. The link is on the right.