Barclays Wealth has been recognised at Euromoney magazine’s Private Banking Awards, which took place last week in London.
The division was named Best Private Bank in Gibraltar, an improvement on its third-place finish last year.
Derek Sene, Head of Personal Banking, Gibraltar, collected the award.
Derek said: “This award is a clear indication that our strategy is working and being recognised – both globally and in the regions we operate. We are also setting a benchmark for the industry across many of the individual service categories in what is a very competitive market.”
Barclays Wealth also retained its spot as the 10th best global private bank in Euromoney’s overall rankings.
The division was ranked:
- Second in Guernsey, up from 10th last year
- Second in Africa, up from fourth in 2011
- Fifth in India, up from 11th in the previous year.
Many of Barclays Wealth’s services were also highly commended:
- Its range of advisory services took first place in Africa and Gibraltar
- Its bespoke wealth planning services were ranked first in Africa and Mauritius
- Its trust services were cited as the best in Africa and the UK
- Its structured products in the UK and Jersey were ranked first for the second year.
The Euromoney Private Banking Awards were voted for by more than 1,500 private banking professionals from across the globe, with results taken from the magazine’s Private Banking Survey.
The survey provides a qualitative and quantitative review of the best services in private banking, by region and by areas of services. It is used by high net worth individuals as a guide on the range of professional wealth management service providers available.
For full details on ranking criteria and methodology, please visit the: