Barclays Group Chief Executive Antony Jenkins guest edited the BBC’s breakfast news programme, Today. The programme was themed around the challenge of balancing long term decision making against the need for short term actions; how technology is changing the world; and leadership.
As guest editor, Antony selected the theme of the programme and commissioned individual items for the morning show. During the broadcast Antony both commissioned features and joined in discussions on the programme. They included:
- The role of business in supporting and inspiring future leaders – Antony joined the BBC correspondent, Robert Peston, at a Speakers for Schools event talking about the importance of the scheme and inspiring college students to follow in their footsteps.
- The challenge of delivering long term plans - Antony met with Trevor Manuel, National Planning Minister in South Africa to discuss RSA’s long-term strategic plan for economic and social development, discussing the driving forces behind it and what it will deliver.
- The role of technology – exploring how this will change the face of banking over the next ten years.
- Leadership through individuals – interview with Sister Mary, a nun who runs an Aids orphanage in Kenya
- Rt Rev Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury – provided the Thought For The Day and was also interviewed live on the programme.