We have created some terms and conditions around participating within our online communities to make sure we provide a quality, respectful environment for our followers and fans.
Please read the following carefully, as it provides information about sharing and contributing content and also how we’ll respond to anything that’s abusive, unsuitable or derogatory.
Important points to be aware of:
- The terms, conditions and policies that belong to specific social networks, for example LinkedIn (new window), also apply to any official Barclays profiles that they house. It is important that you follow these terms and conditions, as well as ours.
- While Barclays has official profiles on a number of social networks, this does not mean that we are endorsing their products or services.
- From time to time we may share items or talk about products or services we think are interesting. This does not mean we are agreeing or supporting a point of view or endorsing a product or service. And we cannot guarantee the accuracy of content not posted by us.
- If you can’t access the social network at all, it is up to the individual social network to fix this and it isn’t something that we can resolve.
- If you are not able to use or access official Barclays social media profiles, or websites linked to through them, while we will do our best to fix any problems, we are not legally responsible for any problems this causes.
- We really want to create open, respectful communication within our social media profiles. While we work hard to moderate anything that is offensive, unsuitable or derogatory, we are not legally responsible for content posted by third parties.
- We love the fact that our online communities proactively share information, however, we can’t guarantee the accuracy of content that isn’t posted by us.
- We’re happy for you to share and comment on content that we post to our official social media profiles, provided that you do not alter it and that you cite us as the source. Please be aware that the design of these profiles and content that we post on them is the copyright of Barclays Bank PLC and our rights are reserved. All trade marks, company names, logos and designs used on our official social media profiles are the intellectual property of Barclays.
- While we want to be as helpful as we can, we do not provide investment, legal, tax or other specialist advice through our social media profiles. If you are looking to make an investment decision, staff at our branches can provide professional advice. Find the contact details for our branches (new window).
- Unless clearly stated otherwise, official Barclays social media profiles are aimed at people in the UK and designed for use in the UK. If you have queries and are not based in the UK, find out how to Contact us.
- We think it is essential to keep your personal and financial information secure. While we want to provide you with help on our social media profiles, we ask that you do not post personal and financial information unless we specifically request you to do so in a private message, and even then we’ll only ever ask you for contact details and NEVER for your account information.
- We may monitor and record comments and conversations to help improve products and services.
Practical ways to help us build quality, respectful online communities
We want to make sure our online communities are open, respectful and valuable spaces where everyone’s voice can be heard. To help us do this, we ask that when participating on official Barclays social media profiles, you agree not to:
- copy, download, transfer, modify, or otherwise use or commercially exploit the content or any part, of this website, without our prior permission
- use these online spaces for illegal purposes or to breach any laws
- upload or transmit through these profiles any computer viruses or material that is defamatory, offensive or obscene
- harass, cause distress or inconvenience to, or infringe the rights of, another person
- try to access to administrator areas, features or functions of these profiles without authorisation
- use our official profiles or content on them in any way not permitted by these terms.
We want to cultivate public dialogue with our fans and followers and encourage you to share your content with us, however, if individuals break these rules, we will, if appropriate, suspend, terminate or change the conditions of their access.
There are also some occasions where we might change or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, all or part of our social media profiles. Please bear with us if we do this – we’re constantly working to improve our online communities and make them as beneficial as possible.
Making a complaint
The most important thing is helping you get back on track quickly and easily. We’re sorry you've felt you need to complain but letting us know when you are not happy gives us the opportunity to put matters right for you and improve our services.
No matter how you communicate with us, we’ll listen and act on your needs. As you’d expect, if you complain using the phone or online form to email us, the faster we’ll be able to try to get you back to normal.
If you are a UK Retail Personal Banking customer, you can find full details of how to get in touch.